Announcing Year 2 Funding
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) are proud to announce Year 2 of the AFDO administered Retail Program Standards Grant Program. Opening on Monday, September 2, 2014 and accepting applications through Friday, October 10, 2014. The program provides funds for the completion of projects and training to enhance conformance with the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (Retail Program Standards).
Grant Funding is open to state, local, territorial, and tribal regulatory retail food programs that have enrolled in the Retail Program Standards. Applicants to this program can expect a simple application process, up-front funding when required by the project, and simple reporting requirements. Total funding for Year 2 is expected to increase modestly, to $502,500.
Jurisdictions that applied and/or were awarded funds in Year 1 are eligible to again apply for funds in Year 2. Jurisdictions can apply for funding for one project in each of the three categories for a maximum of three applications per jurisdiction:
Additional information will be coming soon and posted to this Web page. If you would like to receive news and updates when new information is available, please register your email address here.
- Small projects up to $3,000, for jurisdictions to complete a self-assessment of all nine Standards, small projects related to meeting one or more Standards, or a verification audit
- Moderate projects, $10,000-$20,000, for more ambitious projects that further conformance with the Retail Program Standards (computer software systems, risk factor studies, development of a written compliance program, etc.)
- Training up to $2,000, for jurisdictions' staff to meet the requirements of Standard 2 (Step 1 and 3 Curriculum or CEU maintenance) or to attend FDA Regional Seminars to maintain FDA Standardization
The FDA is pleased to announce a series of webinars to provide information about funding opportunities that my be available to jurisdictions that are enrolled in the Retail Program Standards. All retail food regulatory programs, including those that are not currently enrolled in the Retail Program Standards, are encouraged to attend one of the three webinars to learn more about potential funding opportunities. The information presented will be the same for all three webinars.
The webinars will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014 (2:30 - 3:45 PM EDT)
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 (2:00 - 3:15 PM EDT)
- Thursday, August 7, 2014 (10:00 - 11:15 AM EDT)
For Current Year 1 Grantees and Applicants
The grant portal is open and up to date with Year 1 information. You can use the portal to view the status of your grant award(s), view and print copies of both awarded and declined applications, view and print copies of your official award letter(s), and submit required reports and reimbursement requests.(Reimbursement Form) When the Year 2 application period opens on September 2, 2014, Year 1 Grantees and Applicants will be able to apply for Year 2 funding through this same portal. Please use the username and password provided during the Year 1 grant application phase to access the grant portal. If you cannot find your username and/or password, or if you have any questions, please contact us at (850) 583-4953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.